With the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic in full swing, drastic changes have impacted our lives.
At first, the country came to a standstill. Businesses were forced to close and we could only leave the house for emergencies and essentials. Now, with relaxation of the lockdown, we are able to get back to a level of normality with limited changes in what we do, just how we do them.
Included in this page is a brief cover of our current processes in relation to; Practice, Event Registration, Signing On, Pre-Event Scrutineering, Grid and Result publication and Guidelines on staying safe during our Events.
Practice is almost exclusively run by the circuit, even the practice day prior to our race events. For up to date information on how to attend an owner-driver practice session, please refer to the Clay Pigeon Raceway’s Practice page
Entering an Event
Competitors should enter online at our Alpha online entry page.
Signing on will be done online.
Those drivers who have registered will receive an email with a Signing-On link, this may be the afternoon of which you register, this could be the after registrations have closed on the weekend of the event.
Once you have received your email, please follow the link and log in, if required. You will be asked to sign the usual MSUK declarations with the inclusion of details pertaining to Covid-19.
Included on the same page as Signing-On, (once scrutineering has been opened) is the Scrutineering card and self-declaration.
Here, you can do your standard pre-event scrutineering checks such as submitting your engine, chassis and other equipment numbers, as well as confirming that you and your equipment are suitable for the event.
Please note that while we are now taking these details virtually, we reserve the right to perform pre-event scrutineering, if we deem it a requirement and we can perform it whilst adhering to the current government and governing body Covid-19 guidelines.
Grids will now be displayed in the Race Control window.
Both provisional and finalised results will be available on our Alpha Timing results page.
During the Event
During our events, you must adhere to the Circuit Covid-19 guidelines, as well as the guidelines set out by Motorsports UK.
As of the posting of this page, these currently include, but are not limited to the following:
- BUILDING. You must still wear a facemask inside our main building and toilets. We are aware that the Government state that we have NO legal right to enforce this but as this is our property and you wish to use these facilities you MUST wear a face mask within the building.
- TOILET AND SHOWERS. Toilet and shower facilities will be open but please use quickly and maintain social distancing.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING. We would advise you to social distance at all times on this venue.
- SANITISING STATIONS. All of our sanitizing stations will still be available for your use and we would recommend this.
- CAFE. Seating will be available for people purchasing food and drink from the cafe. As soon as you have finished eating please leave the cafe area.
- BALCONY. The balcony will be open and we would ask you to social distance whilst viewing. There will be no seating on the balcony.
- STAFF. We would appreciate you wearing a facemask when approaching any member of staff or official of the venue.
- SPECTATORS. Spectators are now allowed to visit this venue.
- MOTORSPORT UK. Motorsport UK rules and guidance for their race meetings will be enforced.
Hopefully this stops you from getting too lost in your return back to racing with us at Clay Pigeon Kart Club.
If you have any questions on the above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.