Hopefully all cadets recieved this as an email from me the other day, but just in case you haven’t updated your contact details lately here is a copy of what I sent:
M.S.A. IAME CADET
The Clay Pigeon Kart Club has been successful in being granted a new IAME KART AND ENGINE for use during the 2014 season.
- The scholarship karts will be supplied by J.M. Engineering.
- The karts will carry MSA/IAME livery with Clay Pigeon Kart Club branding.
- The scholarship kart must be used by the nominated driver in the Club’s IAME Cadet Championship for that season, but may also be used elsewhere.
- Details of how the kart has been used, including results for the scholarship driver should be notified to the MSA by the club at least monthly.
- At the end of the year, the driver must have the option to purchase the kart from the club for a pre-arranged fixed price, the proceeds from which must be used by the Club to purchase a new scholarship kart from JM Engineering for use the following year.
- If the driver declines the option to purchase, the kart should be returned to the club in a reasonable condition, either to be refurbished for use on the scholarship scheme the following year, or to be sold to enable a new kart to be purchased as above,
- The responsibility for the running of the kart lies entirely with the selected scholarship driver who will be responsible for all routine maintenance, spare parts and any damage caused.
- For the sake of clarity, neither the club, the MSA, JM Engineering nor IAME will be responsible in any way for the preparation, maintenance or running of the kart.
- The MSA reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship kart from any club that it considers not to be maximising the opportunity offered by this initiative.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
ANY CADET DRIVER from any Cadet Class (IAME – COMER OR HONDA) who raced as a novice during 2013 at our Club Championship meetings.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
The Club Committee will then examine the race results of the applicants and select FIVE DRIVERS, accompanied by their parents, to take part in an interview with a selection committee. The selection committee will then select the winner based on driving ability, personal image and confidence at interview.
The parent/guardian will have to agree to abide by the conditions laid down for the maintenance and use of the kart.
The scholarship kart will be returned to the club after the club’s December race meeting.
A selection process will be set up for the 2015 scholarship kart based on results and performance in the IAME Cadet Class.
MSA/IAME CADET SCHOLARSHIP
|NAME||MSA LICENCE No.|
Tel. No. email address
|DATE OF FIRST NOVICE RACE MEETING
|DATE OF LAST NOVICE RACE MEETING
Please return via email to email@example.com by Friday 14th March 2014 if possible. If you can’t print this out, a mock-up will be fine. Jo